Monday 7 December 2015

Final Idea

I have finally decided to produce a music video in the style of John Hicks (professional video grapher) however in black and white for a raw attack on the themes I would like to portray. Instead of making my project a BMX Edit, I need to fit with the criteria of making the shots in a music video style, so I analysed rap/ hip hop and dance style music videos to pick out the conventions of these in which I am going to mix with the BMX focus so that the product is more music video styled. The dance and hip hop genres often use dark lighting as the lyrics/ beats are expressive and deep, which enhances there purposes. Many of the camera angles are low to create power of the main focus looking up on them, where close ups of feet dancing or expressive hand movements are focused on which will be changed to bike tricks and facial and hand expressions in my video. This is because I will be portraying both riders personalities and their enjoyment riding together, which will then create the theme of brotherhood which I believe can be enhanced and shown well through this sport because of time and dedication  one needs to give to the sport to get good at it, and then the time spent together whilst learning can be shown. This bond portrayed then takes this from a bike edit to and music video as the narrative structure can be produced and tricks landing on beats with creative camera angles and shot types will make it enjoyable to watch.






No comments:

Post a Comment