Friday 18 March 2016

Filming Day 3

In the final filming day we needed to get the trick sequence filmed as this is a crucial element of the video. We arranged to go out Thursday 17th of March to get the clips however the weather wasn't sunny enough let alone dry enough for us to ride properly so we re scheduled it to the 19th. We came across some some problems that Saturday in regards to security issues and them thinking that where we were riding we were vandalising and causing damage to surrounding property which of course we weren't. In the end we were told to leave despite speaking to the manager and were threatened to get our riding equipment taken away which would have drastically changed my final video and plan as I would have to collect riding gear again which would take time to get together which I couldn't allow as the deadline is close.

Tom and I decided to go back and risk getting told to leave again, because within the matter of days our stuff could be taken which would have meant me re filming half of the video. On Monday the 21st of March we went back with the camera and after 15mins the security guard came back over. I then had a chat to the guard and asked to shoot here just for one more afternoon/ evening and I would never come back which we agreed on and managed to get all our final shots within this time period. To make sure we got the shots we wanted without risk (as I could never come back again) we got multiple shots that were the same so that I could pick and chose once editing.

Overall this was successful although there were lots of complications. I am happy I was able to speak as an adult to the manager and security and make out how important it was for me to get this sort which was lucky they let me in the end. In hindsight, I should have requested permission to use this area to film at this time and place however did not so as I had used this space for riding for years prior with no problems or interruptions at all. I also was under the impression it was public property due to the area being broken down and an unused space for years and have recently discovered it is owned by the council so writing for permission to use the space to film would have been the correct thing to do. If this product was for commercial purposes I would have to gain permission by the council however due to it not making any profit and being for educational purposes only I can leave it, however a valuable lesson for the future has been learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment