Saturday 2 January 2016

Magazine Advertisement Piece and Digipak

After filming with my actor and friend Tom and had the footage I wanted to collect together, I am now in a position to where I can create my magazine advertisement piece and digipak for my music video as part of the brief.

To start off with I have selected all of the photos we took and I have placed them into one collection so I could view all of them together. This will help me select the most appropriate photographs for the image/ themes I want to portray.




This collection of images are the dramatic photographs Tom and I have taken which I felt are impacting of the themes of the video and them being aesthetically pleasing to the audience.


I have found a digipak template online to help with the commencing steps of creating this part of the brief. Out of my images I need to choose wisely which ones to use for certain parts of the digipak. This is because the front and back covers are going to be the eye catching parts of the design which is going to sell and advertise the product, whereas when I choose the inside images and CD graphics The images have to follow the theme of the video itself and the rest of the cover.

With the advertisement piece, I am taking inspiration from well known magazine RideBMX who's cover changes monthly to the latest and best photo captured which then advertises companies, brands and the magazine itself. 


I am going to style my advertisement piece around a RideBMX cover as the bold simplistic text reinforced by the imagery really captures the feel of the magazine. Subheadings and text then fits nicely around the photograph which I can change to reviews and ratings of the final music video piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment