Saturday 2 January 2016

Draft 1 Advert and Digipak

For my first attempt at the digipak cover, I took a range of screen shots from my second filming session in which I felt I had collected some really smooth nice shots and started to break them down into what I thought would make a creative front cover. My first attempt used this image where I cropped it where I thought an interesting layout would work with the biker in the bottom corner and adjusted the colouring to a saturated tone to suit the themes I am attempting to portray. This looked ok, so I started to compose this into what I thought would work as a magazine advert as well.

This is the original screen shot I took. I thought squaring the image off and then adding the wanted black and grey tone to the photograph would suit the theme and feeling I wanted in the video so a link between both should work.


I cropped down the photograph and added the colouring I wanted the clips in the video to have. I though this looked good due to a slight rule of thirds coming into play with my rider Tom in the bottom right hand side of the shot, whilst still having the sky area and left hand side for text like the 'Ride BMX' magazines have. I didn't like the telephone wire across the sky because if you didn't know what it was it creates a strange shape. I know I can edit this out in 'Photoshop' though. 


After I had my first attempt at the digipak cover I though I would start composing this into my magazine advert. I thought around the theme of my video and the tone I wanted to create, then brainstormed the suiting colours to my ideas. This attempt uses a black background with the cover in the centre, I added a white border around the cover which adds slight detail and makes the cover pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment