Tuesday 9 February 2016

Draft 2 Advert and Digipak

After I had created my first advert and digipak I reflected on my thoughts of the video and came to a conclusion of the cover being to similar to the video itself due to the action being shown and the positioning being basic. I thought that if my cover didn't include bikes or riders but more an image which shows the creativeness I want to portray thought the video and a basic logo to suit this photograph.

Whilst filming the introduction of my video at Toms house, the main rider in my video, I was playing around with the settings on my camera trying to capture some lens flare as this was a creative style of shot I wanted to include later on in the video. This was a shot I didn't think much of at the time, however since looking back at the shots and photographs I collected over my filming sessions this stood out as representing the essence of the video. It includes the beauty of the natural light which I liked as it helps present and compliment the beauty of the riding itself, the starting location of the video Toms house which is important to the view of the narrative within as it shows the progression of the day and how Tom would leave his house to natural fresh feeling of the start of the day and the natural growth of the ivy which follows the overall theme. 

I decided to experiment with this photograph to see how this would fit around my current ideas of the digipak front cover. I took the photograph onto 'Photoshop' and enhanced the light and dark areas within the image then turned it to black and white which links to the raw feeling I overly want to present. I then cropped the photo to the dimensions of a square cover, including the real key features of the photograph.



Enhanced photograph


Cropped/transformed photograph


I finally placed the cover in digipak form to see it in context. Although there isn't the rest of the images on the digipak I can see it in proportion to the rest of the areas and see how this would be at the front of the digipak and the placement of everything else within.


I also placed the image in a similar format to the original advert to get a perception of how I could play with this format.







No comments:

Post a Comment