Monday 22 June 2015

Evaluation Decision

I have now looked into each brief in which have helped towards my choice of brief. I looked at a range of past coursework portfolios and how each portfolio is structured and arranged and how they went about completing their tasks.

After speaking to my teacher about the three tasks, he told me to look at a few old students blogs to see how they went about doing things across the year. One of which was my friend Prentice Johnson who made a music video for his portfolio. I was interested to look at his work as he is a similar sort of person to myself, does media and digital art like myself and skates as a hobby which is something I do in my spare time too so I wanted to see if he was able to use this to his advantage in which he does. Using his digital art skills and inspiration from the things he does in his spare time he was able to create a music video and the digipack cover and magazine advert in the urban styling he knows well to create something of his own. I further spoke to his and said the skills he had developed in other editing software packages like photoshop which I use regularly made the task more suited to him with the advertising and graphics styled work,

I looked at a few other coursework bloggs which explore into the advert title and the short film title and how they are structured. Something I initially found out was the report which is written for the short film title which is something which lots of time and planning is needed to achieve a well written exploration of a short film which involves many written english skills. I am able to produce well written work, however in comparison to graphics styled work in comparison my skill set is much more suited to the music video brief. I found lots more shots need to be planned out and structured for a short film aswell which would mean it would take me a little extra time to write the report and plan the individual shots for the film and I believe I think I wouldn't be able to get all the criteria finished within the deadline. Same with the advertisement package, I am not as well suited to this brief likewise due to a radio sequence needed to be produced aswell as the advert and a sponsorship sequence being needed too and with little knowledge on the structure of production of this ( although I could learn during research).

Overall I believe I have concluded the thoughts process of my choice and a clear decision has been made about the brief I have chosen. The music video brief is the most suited to my skill set and interests making me comfortable in approaching this task, as I believe I will be able to succeed in the graphics style side work and will be able to bring interests of my own into the music video itself to produce a piece I can feel passionate about.





No comments:

Post a Comment