Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Briefs

Brief 1 is the music video option in which I would have to create a music video using copyright free music. I would have to research a range of music genres to find a style I would like and then would have to consider the ways in which a video could be planned and filmed to suit the pace, tone and genre of the music itself. This would also mean researching a range of songs within the genre and looking into multiple artists to find something I feel could work with some video content Ideas I would have.

Along with making the video itself, I would have to make the cover of a digipack (CD/DVD) and a magazine advertisement for the digipack swell.




Brief 2 is the advertisement package option in which I would have to make it for a new product or service. I would have to research a range of pre existing advertisements and the techniques used to make what they are advertising creative and effective to sell. I would also have to look at the link between the style of advertisement and the thing they are selling as well and would then have to think of what I would sell and how I should present this within an advert in which I could get inspiration from pre existing adverts.

Along with this brief I would have to make a television program sponsorship sequence and a radio advertisement as well which is a different skill set from brief one.

The final brief option is the short film package in which should last around 5 minutes in length which could either be filmed live action or animated. For this I would have to look into a range of short films and the ways in which each shots are effective in presenting a whole story in such a short time space and how these shot types, mise en scene, editing techniques and sound are all used together to make the short film effective in a message to the audience.

With the short film I would have to design and make a film poster to advertise the short film and also write about a pre existing short film and evaluate the piece itself. This is quite different in skills from the others in the written evaluation.

Overall I believe my skills of graphic design and musical interests would typically link to the music video option as the design of the digipack cover and the magazine advertisement would be styled around the graphics links and my hobby of music as well would tie in with research. I still will consider the other options though, as I believe evaluating each and researching slightly more into what they contain will help me make a well thought out decision before I go ahead with the music video options and then not like the content once started.


No comments:

Post a Comment