Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Music Video

The Brief
    A promotional package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, no longer than five minutes duration, together with:

  • a cover for its release as part of a digipack (CD/DVD package)
  • a magazine advertisement for the digipack (CD/DVD package)

My thoughts- 

Now I have chosen my brief I need to investigate into a range of things for my research section of my portfolio so that I can learn all I need to know for a successful result. 

I will need to research into music genres and how these genres convey themes of life and meaning. I will need to do this to be able to make a choice on what music genre to chose and how I can plan a video to suit the genre.

I will need to research into music video genres to understand the construction of music genre production. This will include the mise en scene, editing techniques, camera angles and sound which is merged together to form certain genres of music videos and how this will link and produce a narrative style within the production. This will vary from genre to genre as a hard rock/metal genre will collectively have different techniques involved to a techno garage genre video.

I will also have to research the history of music videos to understand the development of how videos have evolved as time has moved on. This could involve the editing and filming techniques which have changed or how the video subjects have changed due to external music genres and modern fashions changing within decades. Technology could also have a factor of change as tech has evolved which could change the ways effects, film quality and editing has changed. 

I can do this by analysing music videos throughout time and researching into the production behind the videos itself of popular and amateur producers to understand there views and thought processes which will help me broaden my knowledge.

A promotional package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, no longer than five minutes duration, together with:

No comments:

Post a Comment