Tuesday 9 June 2015

Initial Thoughts

After completing my As media and producing a final product of a thriller opening sequence I can now start the process of choosing a new topic to complete for my advanced portfolio for A2. When doing so I must consider my strengths and weaknesses in the three briefs of creating either: A music video including a cover for its release as part of a digipak (CD/DVD package) and a magazine advertisement for the digipak ( CD/DVD), An advertising package for a new product or service, to include two TV advertisements, together with a TV programme sponsorship sequence a radio advertisement or finally a short film in its entirety, lasting approximately five minutes, which may be live action or animation or a combination of both, together with a poster for the film and a film magazine review page featuring the film.

My strengths I found when it came to my previous project was the technical and planning side of the work, as I did most of the filming, editing and storyboarding when it came to the project which was a large section of the work. This made me further excel in these areas, as I had previously experience in this side of the work however was able to develop these skill sets to the film styling we had to produce.

Aside from this, I have experience in other editing programs like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as I am a keen Graphic design student, so maybe this could be incorporated into the up and coming project for my portfolio which would mean I could further present my skills.
I must now evaluate the three project briefs in depth before making my choice, considering what elements are involved in each and how I can use my strengths and weaknesses to make an educated choice. This is vital to the rest of my process as making the correct choice will make the process smoother and more efficient, whereas a choice which may not suit my skill sets might not benefit my final grade.

I didn't do a lot of evaluation and initial idea brainstorming when it came to the last project as the idea was not mine. As this year is independent this must be considered, as I will need to develop these skills sets to make the project work, and when choosing a brief I must think about my weaknesses and how they can link in for a positive and wise choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment