Wednesday 30 September 2015

Music Video Magazine Advertisement- Arctic Monkeys

For the brief I am looking at, part of what we have to analyse and make is a magazine adverts to advertise our music video. I am going to look and pick out key parts of 10 adverts to extract the key parts which make them work well and not work well so that I can use this as a basis for when I make my own.


The first advert I chose was for the Arctic Monkeys song 'The Jewellers hands'  released September 2009. I chose this magazine cover because of its simplicity. I like the slightly dark tones of the song yet the alternative vibe they bring link to the colouring and layout of the album and the typography used. The black background follows the darkness of the song, but also creates a nice simple colour way between the black and the white used for the typography and the white edging of the main image. The typography of the band logo follows an old bold english style font which gives the vintage vibe which links to the band and songs feel. The logo, main image and 'New Album' text are alined down the centre of the advert with the two star ratings along the side. I personally like this layout as everything doesn't stick out like its trying to be shoved in your face and is easy to look at and comprehend, I find this because of the few features on the advert literally being the logo, picture, star rating and 'New Album' text which makes it basic and simple to view all parts of the advert really quickly. The main image is very saturated and basic in the sense of two shots of the girl however the white outline links to the colour way of the advert and makes the image standout more to match the boldness of the text despite it being dull. I don't really understand the concept of the girl shown in the centre which could be a subliminal link to the song or a theme however this doesn't standout to a basic viewer like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment