Tuesday 3 November 2015

Research Conclusion

I am now ready to move on with my project and to start planning my final video however I have learnt a lot from completing my research section which will influence my next steps.

Researching into all of the different styles of music video was a really good start for me to help me understand the approaches different videos have taken to make them what they are and how effective they are in conjunction with the song and the music artist. Choosing between narrative, performance, narrative performance, concept and animation was a choice I have to make which will determine how I create my video. I am currently thinking that narrative or concept will be a creative way for me to make my video as I like to visuals in concept video but the story behind a narrative.

Choosing genres of music will also have an impact on the emotion and actions of the actors within the video. I have researched into music videos of a range of music genres and what they consist of which has given me ideas of themes and links to the music itself as a focus within, helping my realisation of what works well and doesn't.


I have also looked at music advertisements and digipaks for the music and what certain genres of music may include. A rock metal style may include a lot of darkness yet a indie band might include brighter happy themes. Including themes within the digipaks and advertisement which link to the artists/band is key to the effect they have on the audience. The font styles/ typography can also be designed and created aound a theme which is important to the composistion of the digipak/advertisement aswell.

Taking this all into account when I move onto my creating and advertising I am much more knowledgeable on a direction I can now go onto which means I am ready to move on. This is good as I didn't have this competence at the beginning of the project which will hopefully have a good effect on my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment