Wednesday 28 October 2015

Target Audience Survey Results











Here are the results of the survey I created to help me collect primary research and knowledge on audience views towards music, music video and album work. I had to include questions about the individuals answering the survey to get an idea of the sorts of people that will be watching them to gather my target audience. The questions relating to the music and the styles of video then help me narrow some ideas down to create something which will appeal to the most amount of people wanting to access my material.

The majority of audience are males however there were still many females, yet males was the majority at 62%. 54% of the audience were between the ages of 17-21 and the second and third highest percentages being the under 16 and 22-30 age range meaning there is a clear lower age audience accessing my content. The highest ethnicity was white and the working status being a majority of students which would suit the age range of 17-21 year olds. Averaging at 41% people watch music videos most days and view these upon Youtube which would surprise me being the being video search engine in the world. Rap/hip hop was the most favoured genre and narrative music videos were the highest ratted meaning including these into the video will be necessary for creating the video the be enjoyed by the most amount of people. The audience voted that they enjoyed watching music videos which would link to the idea of them enjoying to watch a narrative video because people enjoy stories. Finally 50% of the voters stated that album cover work did persuade them to buy the album which may link to the idea of the visuals on the cover looking good as an extra reason to buy the music. 

Overall I feel that after this survey being completed I am now knowledgeable of the target audience I have to appeal to, making sure that If i follow the highest percentage votes and also consider if other votes were close will ensure that my work will appeal to many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment