Wednesday 20 April 2016

Copyright

The song I have chosen is called 'Ones' by Kaytranada and Mr Carmack which I initially found on Soundcloud but also listened further to on Youtube. I really want to use this track as my song for my music video, so I looked into the channel owners to see if they were a professional company.

The channel is called 'Husk Sounds' and has a designed logo which initially made me think they were a record company or singed by a record company. After looking further into the channel I found out their email address and emailed them asking for permission to use the track, however have not got a reply as to if I can use the track. I further emailed them the final video itself and am yet to hear back from them.

Looking at the channels information, they state that they are an underground channel based around hiphop/ house style music which tells me they are not connected to a record company and after looking at their email ' HuskSounds@gmail.com' it further shows me they are not professional as they use a general email type. This shows I have taken every reasonable step in trying to gain copyright permission to use the track, however will still like to wait for their reply for final conformation.

1 comment: