Monday 4 April 2016

Music Video Edit 1


After collecting all the clips I needed I moved onto editing together my video for the music track I have chosen. Earlier on in my project I made a questionnaire and collected results around what my video needed to include so I wanted to re look at the results as reference. My feedback told me that a narrative style video is preferred and to rap/ hip hop genre music so the way I have filmed my clips have helped to follow this preference.

The video above is the result of the first section of clips I gathered and started to edit together. The narrative really starts to come through in this first draft where the 'day in the life' style is noticeable as the main actor 'Tom' is getting ready and going out riding to meet myself who is his riding friend. Throughout this narrative I really try to think about the cinematography I am using, and the ways the low angle shots present enjoyment and excitement and how the surround areas and mise en scene have a play into the look of the video. A lot of my shots vary in angles and are similar to many shots used in typical BMX style videos which from research I know work very well. Many of the clips are straight cut together which I like for this video as it keeps the pace of the clips following and keeps the attention of audience. These straight cuts mixed into the thought process of camera angles, lighting and cinematography make my video narrative interesting and work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment