Monday 4 April 2016

Editing 1

Prior to editing the final video together I had already had experience using Adobe Premiere Pro which is a professional video editing programme so I decided to use this piece of software again to edit this piece as I was familiar with the majority of the tools and so that I could improve my prior skills.

I started off with importing all the clips and dragging and dropping all the final shots one after one so that they were all in chronological order. This then allowed me the go through each clip and use the razor tool to cut all the unwanted footage off of each clip so that they all flowed smoothly together. Later on in the process of editing I zoomed out on the timeline and fine cut all the clips again to ensure the best flowing footage possible.

All the footage together and cut.


I use straight cuts for the majority of my video due to this being a key element of pace and the interests of the audience in multiple rap music videos but also a standout feature of BMX edits which I had analysed in depth prior. Some of my shots finish with the lens swooping away from the rider into the floor which decreased the pace of the shots. For this I had to research about transitions where I looked into a range of different ways in which the clips could flow a lot better and resulted in finding out about 'dip to black'. Dip to black made the videos transition fade to darkness in synchronisation with the swooping camera effect which then solved the pace problem. This was something key to improving the video which I found through a Youtube tutorial.




Dip to black found in the bottom left hand corner. This is a sequence showing the fade and its effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment