Tuesday 27 October 2015

Digipak Conclusion

After at looking at some different pre existing digipaks on the market I have been able to think about my views on there pros and cons in gathering and finding out what works the best when designing and making one.

I have looked at 10 all from different genres of music and I personal know the music the artists produce aswell which helps me find links between both music and design work. I have found that most take on the style of the band/artist and the way they are portrayed in media, for example the Bob Marley digipak uses linkable colour ways to his genre of music and the artist work links to the personality of the musician which then makes it effect in presenting the music within.

Another thing I found was that the typography played a big part in portraying the band and music aswell. Sharper large text often presents and conveys certain genres more than others like a metal band would use such form in comparison to an indie band who would use much more mellow and round font. Having the font have a shadow or not, coloured outline and backgrounds etc all play a part in suiting themes of genre and artist representation.

Overall these main things will be considered when making my album artwork as getting the balance is critical when designing a professional piece of work to be displayed and viewed by a large audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment