Thursday 15 October 2015

Music Video Magazine Advertisement Conclusion

After looking at different Magazine Music Video Advertisements I have been able to extract what works well and doesn't within advertising and have been able to share views as to why I feel this way. From this I have then been able to think personally about what I think could work for my own work.

The theme/ genre played a big part to the overall way the magazine was structured and composed. If there was a genre/ style of music evident then things would designed to suit that theme/conventions of that genre. an example of this would be what I found in Guitar magazine with Slipknot covering the front spread, them being known as a heavy metal band and how the typography was changed to a much spikier harsh design which suits this them. Another example of this was with the Arctic Monkeys advert where a dark simple theme with white bold curved typography and a basic image suited the indie styling of their band. Something much more raw and edgy was created with rap down to the idea of rap representing elements of life being tough in which the graininess of the background was changed to a relied design to present this idea. This was seen throughout all 10 I analysed and could also be picked out in all advertisements for music which I could probably pick out if I chose to look at more however I feel I chose a range of genres and subgenres could fit into or around the ideas I picked out.

From doing this I am now able in my planning stage to think about how I could structure my own advertisement for the music video I will make to meet the demands of the Music Video Brief, once I had planned out my final idea for making.

No comments:

Post a Comment