Tuesday 16 February 2016

Draft 5 Advert and Digipak

Now I had made my cover and digipak I had to finally create my advertisement piece for a magazine. I chose to stick with my concept of putting my digipak cover in the centre of the advert with white borders and black backgrounds as the colours all fit together nicely.


I firstly added the white titles I had developed and placed the CD cover in the centre by itself as I didn't need a repeat in titles. I additionally create the text 'debate album out now' in the same style as the first lot of text which works well as an overall cover.


Once this was done I reflected on improvements I could make to piece. A lot of the adverts I analysed were simple and linked to the genre of the music and the artist themselves which I think I had achieved, so I spoke to my teacher and my rider Tom for some feedback both agreeing it all worked well. I also learnt that many adverts have external references from popular medias so I thought this final detail would make the piece of a higher quality as if it was an industry stand piece. I didn't use the same titled text for this as I wanted some diversity in the advert. Also 'NME and MTV' wouldn't use the font I had created for their own company so I finalised on using the font 'Avenir' which is a rounded yet tall looking font which looked good with my created text due to the thicknesses of the text being medium. This then composed everything together resulting in me having a digipak cover, digipak and advert all in a similar yet effective style.

No comments:

Post a Comment