Monday 15 February 2016

Song Choice

After researching into all different genres of music and styles of music video and also gathering feedback from an audience gathering a specific target I want the video to be aimed at, I have decide to use a rap/ hip hop style track. This is because of this genre appealing to the audience the most and the diversity of the genre itself ranging from a intense meaningful song to a paced beat. I like this as I want the track to link to the meaning of bike riding, and including a track which links to the efforts grittiness of the sport should work well.

I started looking on websites like 'Soundcloud', 'Youtube' and apps like 'Spotify' to find a track which I like that would fit nicely. The track also had to be copyright free or a track I could buy and use without avoiding the terms and conditions of stealing music so I looked and niche artists. A lot of the BMX edit songs/ backing tracks are from 'Soundcloud' so I used this website to look further into typical types editors would choose.

I eventually came across a song on Youtube from the channel 'Husk music' with a song called 'Ones' by the artists 'Mr Carmack and Kaytranada'. Its an instrumental style track with a hard hitting pulsating beat and a constant high hat symbol rhythm with a digital piano style melody. This stood out by far, due to the beat and symbols almost presenting that constant drive a rider would have (which I know from experience) and the melody being chilled presenting flow and enjoyment. The track is the duration of 3:46 seconds being a nice time to present what I would like to for my video, being the fact that its a narrative and I want to present the progression of a day out riding.

I have also emailed the owner of the song asking for permission to use this track for my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment