Tuesday 16 February 2016

Video Budget

Thinking about video budget is important to directors and producers of a music video/ film makers so that they can distribute money evenly to actors, equipment and location. This so actors are payed a fair amount for the work they do and for food etc so they are looked after, camera equipment, bike equipment etc which is needed to help produce what is wanted in the shots and also might have to pay the owners of property or land for permission to be filmed and acted on and for that location to be allowed in the video once released to the world.

Lucky enough for me, the only other actor I need for the video is one of my best friends Tom who I ride with weekly despite the production of this video. Tom and I both like riding together so filming at the same time makes the sessions funner for us so he doesn't want to be payed. Out of respect I will bring drinks and food to keep up ticking over throughout the day. The equipment I already own is adequate for the job. I have a semi professional DSLR camera which videos so I can get the shots I desire through that, and the camera handle and tripod I own also helps stabilise shots so I do not need to go out and buy anything else. Finally the places we are filming does not disturb any residents of the area or get anyone else in shot so I will not need to ask permission film and ride on property.

It was important I state this as it shows me think in context to a professional filming session and the ways the producers would have to go in industry. I can also reflect on this in my evaluation on decisions I have made and will make if variables come into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment